Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blog 1

I graduated half on May 2005, from Jakarta International School in Indonesia.

I traveled half way around the world for a college education in the States. I have been very persistent and clear cut on what I have wanted to do. The aspect of management and marketing has always fascinated me, therefore my major – Management with a concentration in marketing. I love talking to people, communicating, and I’ve always been told I am a people person. I thought, why not put this skill to use. I am double mentoring in Communication and World Religion. Communication acts as solid counter part to Marketing, and I have been advised that both do go well. As far as World Religion, I have always been curious and eager to learn about different religions. I am a practicing Hindu myself and I have been curious on other peoples take and other peoples view on the world, the creation, the aspect of God and so on and so forth.

After Manhattanville I would like to work somewhere in the States for a year or two, and go for my Masters. But my future definitely is somewhere in Asia. I have a very diverse background. I’m originally from India, but lived all my life in Indonesia. I have to say my future is in either one of those countries.

I have taken this course to improve my writing English is a second language to me, therefore I put in extra effort. College in general has improved my writing, I feel writing only by taking more writing courses I can improve as a writer. I hope to find my own style of writing and learn different styles as well.

No comments: